79-year-old man charged with senselessly murdering his neighbor who was doing yard work near A

Bet the neighbor was black. Murdered over a leaf blower. Alpha stud. With that being said, the gun epidemic takes its toll on our aging boomer population. This is Illinois, so its not surprising to read about senseless violence there.

Bet the neighbor was black.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2023 5:05 PM

Murdered over a leaf blower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2023 5:10 PM

Alpha stud.

With that being said, the gun epidemic takes its toll on our aging boomer population.

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2023 5:13 PM

This is Illinois, so it’s not surprising to read about senseless violence there.

[quote] Sheriff’s detectives determined Martys’ next-door neighbor, Ettore Lacchei, 79, had “various perceived grievances” with Martys, Covelli said. Martys was using a leaf blower in his yard when he was approached by Lacchei. Lacchei argued with Martys and Lacchei shot Martys in the head during the argument, Covelli said.

It’s not hard to see the likely scenario of a neighbor blowing leaves into someone else’s yard. Don’t do that when you know your neighbor already has “grievances” and they are likely a gun owner.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2023 5:14 PM

He should'a kept his mouth shut!!!

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2023 5:16 PM

That’s the problem with the argument regarding people being responsible for shootings instead of the guns. The aging population with senility and dementia are not able to control their emotions and gauge whether or not they should really shoot.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2023 5:19 PM

Antioch - Home of our dear Kyle Rittenhouse 😏

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2023 5:19 PM

[quote] Antioch - Home of our dear Kyle Rittenhouse

The person killed should have taken a lesson from Kyle and shot the old man first when he saw he was in danger of being killed. A person shouldn’t have to carry a weapon when they are maintaining their yard, but there it is.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2023 5:26 PM

Let's get this old fella out of the slammer and start a go fund me so he can buy the house next to Rand Paul.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2023 5:33 PM

[quote]79-year-old man charged with ‘senselessly’ murdering his neighbor

I always strive to murder my neighbors sensibly.

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2023 5:38 PM

Sick of gun nuts shooting people over petty arguments, people accidentally pulling into their driveways, etc.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2023 5:45 PM

Grandpa going for his daily walk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2023 5:53 PM

Aren’t guns just da bomb? Guy with the leaf blower should have been armed. I am when I go to my mailbox. Never know who I might have to mow down to get to the box. Or what if a neighbor disrespects me when I say good morning. Guns rule! The only way to navigate the GOP world. (Is there any other)?

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2023 6:00 PM

Years ago, I lived in a condo development in which everyone had one assigned spot & the rest were up for grabs. This older guy ran a restaurant & worked late nights & was very aggressive about keeping this one spot that he viewed as "his" even though it was an open space. One night I made the mistake of parking there & he blocked me in & even when I called the cops to get him to move his car, he gave the cops a bunch of shit and made a point to act very aggressively towards me after that. Those are the kinds of petty neighbor disputes that now end in gun violence and so long as I can help it, I'd never again live in some sort of shared space type of situation for that very reason.

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2023 6:06 PM

Typical boomer, nothing but a savage thug.

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2023 6:13 PM

That clip at r12 shouldn’t be funny, but it really is. - Not only do you have to be terrified of adolescents and incels shooting up schools, banks, supermarkets and cinemas, but you also have to beware of senile old men staggering along the street, armed to the teeth. America, the richest, most powerful country on the planet, increasingly resembles a lunatic asylum. What a country!

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2023 6:14 PM

@r15, Nice try, but this guy is pre-boomer

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2023 6:16 PM

It's so cool America is basically giving up on gun laws right as the huge cohort of Baby Boomers slide towards dementia.

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2023 6:24 PM

[quote] "Bet the neighbor was black."

Nope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2023 6:38 PM

Is an 80 year old man a boomer though? Seems a few years older than a boomer

by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2023 6:39 PM

Boomers think they are Clint Eastwood with their firearms: "Go ahead, PUNK, make my day!" (bang, bang, bang!) when they are really Clint Eastwood taking aimlessly to their furniture.

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2023 7:12 PM

R21 anyone older than me who does something I don't like is a boomer

by Anonymousreply 23April 26, 2023 7:14 PM

You bitches are being awfully SPLAINy about what constitutes a Boomer.

Almost as if you're pissed you are one and everyone hates you now.

by Anonymousreply 24April 26, 2023 7:18 PM

[quote] Police say a 79-year-old man has been charged with murder for allegedly fatally shooting his neighbor, who was performing yard work, in the head near Antioch.

What kind of shit journalist write a sentence like that? Does that newspaper employ only grade schoolers?

by Anonymousreply 25April 26, 2023 7:25 PM

"Bet the neighbor was black."

😂 Not in Antioch Il. White and Redneck... and a few Mexicans who do all the work

by Anonymousreply 27April 26, 2023 8:03 PM

If you’re going to senselessly murder someone, best to do it when you’re too old to care what happens.

Hat’s off to the killer.

by Anonymousreply 28April 26, 2023 8:04 PM

Here goes another one! Apparent Parkinsonism and inability to grip the weapon, and if he fired it he couldn’t aim it it’s such a powerful gun. Plus he has headphones on, the person filming is on a serious life risk! Cops did absolutely nothing about a demented appearing person with sound blocking to his hearing so he could be more easily startled. Only in America can human rights and safety be such a joke!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2023 8:27 PM

Shut up, commies! Guns Lives Matter! The Second Amendment is the only one that matters! 2A, Groomers! Come and take it!

by Anonymousreply 30April 26, 2023 8:43 PM

The shooting was April 12th.

The deceased has already had a funeral and here is his obituary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 26, 2023 8:55 PM

There was lots of space between these houses.

See satellite view of street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 26, 2023 8:58 PM

Well, in grandpa’s defense, leaf blowers are extremely annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 26, 2023 10:44 PM

He's most likely deaf but probably thought the leaf blower was some sort of electric "Green New Deal" weapon used one of the commie Demoncraps 81,000 IRS agents that was coming to take his gas stove, force feed him green M&Ms, and trans him.

But, no worries! Peepaw MAGA saved the entire neighborhood from the bad guy! No green M&Ms and everyone's gas stove can rest easy.

by Anonymousreply 34April 26, 2023 11:18 PM

R31 Yes, we saw that at R20

by Anonymousreply 35April 26, 2023 11:21 PM

This loon likes he woulda threw a mean fuck when young.

by Anonymousreply 36April 26, 2023 11:45 PM

[quote] "Sheriff’s detectives determined Martys’ next-door neighbor, Ettore Lacchei, 79, had “various perceived grievances” with Martys, Covelli said. Martys was using a leaf blower in his yard when he was approached by Lacchei. Lacchei argued with Martys and Lacchei shot Martys in the head during the argument, Covelli said."

At least social services weren't called!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 26, 2023 11:54 PM

"It’s not hard to see the likely scenario of a neighbor blowing leaves into someone else’s yard. Don’t do that when you know your neighbor already has “grievances” and they are likely a gun owner."

Considering the location, maybe the guy who got killed also had guns, and figured that since he had guns nobody would mess with him. But, he didn't think to bring his guns along when using his damn leaf blower.

If I'm right, I'd consider it "justifiable homicide".

by Anonymousreply 38April 27, 2023 1:54 AM

This is one reason I spent a lot of money on a high powered battery leaf blower. All you hear is the air coming out. None of that godforsaken gas engine noise.

by Anonymousreply 39April 27, 2023 2:03 AM

R38

[quote] ...Considering the location, maybe the guy who got killed also had guns, and figured that since he had guns nobody would mess with him.

According to the victim's obituary...

[quote] ...He did not hate many things, but he did hate stupid people who couldn’t open their minds to new thoughts and ideas in life. William was a disciple of Kung Fu for most of his life and believed that we are all connected to each other and it made him appreciate everything with a life force.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 27, 2023 2:07 AM

Dead man was hot in a suburban soccer dad way.

I'd have presented.

by Anonymousreply 41April 27, 2023 2:10 AM

It’s this man’s right as an American to use second amendment solutions to his problems, and that’s what he did. However, there may be consequences. Given the race of the shooter, his advanced age and the affluence of the neighborhood he’ll get a break. He worked hard all his life and deserves to enjoy his retirement.

by Anonymousreply 42April 27, 2023 2:29 AM

Is any murder not senseless op ?

by Anonymousreply 43April 27, 2023 2:47 AM

R42 You tried to be witty - fail

by Anonymousreply 44April 27, 2023 2:48 AM

I wonder if the shooter’s lawyers will use the “various perceived grievances” defense.

by Anonymousreply 45April 27, 2023 2:52 AM

I don’t know why but he gives me Philly Parisi from Sopranos vibes. Just older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 27, 2023 2:59 AM

Pretty goddamn sad. Those houses did look far enough away from each other. There are all kinds of noises going on in my neighborhood. People do yard work on Sunday mornings. I just try to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2023 3:29 AM

I despise guns and gun culture.

by Anonymousreply 49April 27, 2023 3:37 AM

Don't mow your lawn and don't blow the leaves? A neighbor could want to kill you for your lawn looking bad. Mow or leaf blow the wrong way or the wrong time? Neighbors will want to kill you for the noise or for doing things the wrong way. Either way you risk getting shot.

by Anonymousreply 50April 27, 2023 3:39 AM

R45 Since it's already stated in the original article, I'll guess yes.

by Anonymousreply 51April 27, 2023 3:41 AM

Welcome to the new normal in America.

by Anonymousreply 52April 27, 2023 3:42 AM

[quote]Don't mow your lawn and don't blow the leaves? A neighbor could want to kill you for your lawn looking bad. Mow or leaf blow the wrong way or the wrong time? Neighbors will want to kill you for the noise or for doing things the wrong way. Either way you risk getting shot.

I wish I could say the answer is to get a condo, because the HOA hires a service to do the maintenance, but I have shared walls and there are some times I wish I could seriously injure my neighbors due to noise level.

by Anonymousreply 53April 27, 2023 5:25 AM

Why was this old man allowed to have a gun. Why is anyone allowed to have a gun. All guns should be made illegal to possess People are too stupid to have guns. They will still find ways to kill each other but it shouldn't be made this easy so every garden variety nut job can kill someone because of their anger issue. I say take all the guns away. Anyone with a gun gets 10 years in jail period.

by Anonymousreply 54April 27, 2023 5:42 AM

The ammosexuals love it that you can't do anything without risk of being pulped, R50. They love it. More guns carried by tards like Peepaw here gives them more excuses to buy more firearms for themselves, their spouse, their kids, their in-laws, their grandkids, and so on. Nevermind that they were the ones who gave Dementia Peepaw the firearm in the first place.

Arm everyone, wind 'em up, watch 'em blow each other up, use it as an excuse to arm everyone, wind 'em up, watch 'em blow each other up, use it as an excuse to arm everyone, wind 'em up...

by Anonymousreply 55April 27, 2023 12:29 PM

That man is going to receive a very strongly worded covenant violation letter warning!

by Anonymousreply 56April 27, 2023 12:40 PM

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7pa3TmqOorZ6csm%2BvzqZmraCimq6le5Jrb21taGuDboOYZrCemaJivK2wjKaYp2WTna6zs8SdZLChpJ16ZpGRXm9pXWltwKa60p6jnqujocZmkZFeb2ldaW56rsHRnZyroZ6ceqm10malnqGXna%2Bwvoywn6hlp5bAbrDOoqWgZamWv6V51qippGWemq6zecCnq6Knk516

Share!